The Purchasing function supports business needs and continuous improvement efforts through On Time in Full (OTIF) delivery of purchased items and Right first Time (RFT) delivery. They work closely with the Material Control team, manufacturing supervision and the stores department in placing orders aligned with the business demand and cost saving initiatives.
JOB DESCRIPTION & DUTIES
Role: To supply the Purchasing Manager in 100% achievement of KPI’s and manage the Supply Chain team in the Manager’s absence.
- Responsible for sourcing manufactured components from our supply chain partners ensuring they meet our Production schedules in terms of quality, cost and delivery.
- Key Performance Indicators.
- Purchasing Team order placement in line with demand.
- On Time in Full (OTIF) delivery of purchased items in line with the demands.
- Supplier Right first Time (RFT) delivery.
- Supply Chain Cost Savings as agreed
Main Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Purchase demands within Epicor in line with job requirements.
- Negotiate contractual terms regarding quantity, price, delivery, quality, freight routings and other standard or special contract terms to meet business requirements.
- Evaluate current and potential sources of supply to identify and prioritise areas requiring new sources of supply or performance improvement.
- Coordinate with Accounts Payable on billing and/or credit issues.
- Coordinate the return, rework, or exchange of defective materials.
- Support cost reduction and improvement initiatives to achieve overall business objectives.
- Analyse data and make recommendations to ensure optimal delivery of supplier materials.
- Manage and monitor our supplier’s performance with regular meetings and/or visits.
- Ensure balanced current and future demand requirements with supplier capabilities/capacities.
- Manage supplier relationships and performance to an agreed set of KPI’s.
- Manage the team in the absence of the Purchasing Manager.
- Liaise with Quality Engineers to ensure continuous achievement of Quality Standards, assisting with Supplier Audits and reports as required.
Health & Safety
The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 (MHSWR) re-enacts the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, which places responsibilities on the employer and employees alike. In this connection, the Company reminds employees of their duties under Section 7 of the act: to take care for their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions. Additionally, employees must also co-operate with the company to enable it to discharge its own responsibilities successfully.
Furthermore, all employees are expected to:
- Carry out assigned tasks and duties in a safe manner, in accordance with instructions, and to comply with safety rules/procedures, regulations and codes of practice.
- Be aware of any unsafe practice or condition, or if in any doubt about the safety of any situation, consult their supervisor.
- Obtain and use the correct tools/equipment for the work and not to use any that are unsafe or damaged. All tools, equipment and personal protective equipment must be stored in the approved place after use.
- Ensure that all guards are securely fixed and that all safety equipment and personal protective clothing/equipment provided are used in line with relevant risk assessments.
- Not to operate any plant or equipment unless authorised.
- Report any accident, near-miss, dangerous occurrence or dangerous condition to their line management in line with procedure.
- Switch off and secure unattended plant or equipment.
- Avoid improvised arrangements and suggest safe ways of eliminating hazards.
- Never place themselves or fellow employees in danger by their actions.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience purchasing in the Oil & Gas industry
- Experience managing and developing suppliers
- Experience of managing a team
- Degree or CIPS qualified or working towards
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP systems
- Knowledge of Epicor is an advantage
- Product knowledge
- ISO Audit trained
|Job Category||Automotive & Aerospace|