Automotive & Aerospace
Full-time salary position
October 15, 2020 10:18
Machining capabilities supports business needs and continuous improvement efforts through the main building including the Feeder Cell and Support Cell. Company specialise in high quality low volume production work utilising manual and CNC machine tools for the production of new units and aftermarket components.
JOB DESCRIPTION & DUTIES:
The Machinist will manufacture piece parts and sub-assemblies using various machine tools in accordance with laid out specifications/drawings, work instructions and quality procedures. The ideal candidate will be skilled in CNC milling with experience / knowledge in manual milling and possess a proven track record to include manual machining..
Main duties will consist of the following:
- Ability to set, program and operate CNC milling machine to machine parts to specifications.
- Manufacture parts and components in a low volume production environment to engineering drawings.
- Manufacture or modify tooling, such as jigs, fixtures and moulds.
- Lay out and verify dimensions of parts, using precision measuring and marking equipment and knowledge of trigonometry.
- Ability to achieve times specified on job travellers as indicated by Production Engineering to meet production requirements.
- Ability to utilise Epicor systems for logging work times to maintain booking compliance.
- Active involvement in improving workshop facilities as part of the lean programme.
- Support continuous improvement efforts through involvement in structured problem solving and other activities using LEAN concepts.
- Any other related duties as required
Health & Safety:
The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 (MHSWR) re-enacts the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, which places responsibilities on the employer and employees alike. In this connection, the Company reminds employees of their duties under Section 7 of the act: to take care for their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions. Additionally, employees must also co-operate with the company to enable it to discharge its own responsibilities successfully.
Furthermore, all employees are expected to:
- Carry out assigned tasks and duties in a safe manner, in accordance with instructions, and to comply with safety rules/procedures, regulations and codes of practice.
- Be aware of any unsafe practice or condition, or if in any doubt about the safety of any situation, consult their supervisor.
- Obtain and use the correct tools/equipment for the work and not to use any that are unsafe or damaged. All tools, equipment and personal protective equipment must be stored in the approved place after use.
- Ensure that all guards are securely fixed and that all safety equipment and personal protective clothing/equipment provided are used in line with relevant risk assessments.
- Not to operate any plant or equipment unless authorised.
- Report any accident, near-miss, dangerous occurrence or dangerous condition to their line management in line with procedure.
- Switch off and secure unattended plant or equipment.
- Avoid improvised arrangements and suggest safe ways of eliminating hazards.
- Time served craft apprenticeship
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in engineering with proven experience as a Machine Operator.
- Ability to understand and machine to ISO engineering drawings and be able to work to close tolerances.
- Competent in using measuring equipment eg. Micrometers and Vernier calipers.
- Basic IT skills
- Attention to detail and self-motivation
- Good knowledge of 5S principles